Monday, May 21, 2012


There is a particular horse who means the world to me. His name is Majic. He is a Foxtrotter and worked for 7 years in Equine Assisted Psychotherapy. I worked 3 years in EAP and burned out! He is an amazing being. After I had to leave my precious Dorje' and Darjeeling in Arizona (at a 160 acre, permanent pasture, organic farm with compassionate and honest humans), gifting them to be certain they were safe and cared for - I returned to my home (New Mexico) to re-start Dharma Horse.

When I arrived home, in a storm of great magnitude (at night) with everything I owned then inside of and on top of my Jeep Cherokee, well, I was feeling scared and demoralized. Things had not worked out in Arizona. I used up all of my money and compassion and energy and was left with $73, a laptop computer, my precious dog, an old Jeep, some clothes, a lot of crystals (!), my paintings from my studio in Tubac and two big tubs of herbs. That was it!

After 6 months of putting my life back together, I moved in at a friend's farm to care for her horses, dogs, goats and her sometimes as she faced terminal cancer. A Program in Silver City needed to sell their horses, contacted me and ended up giving sweet Majic to me!!!!! (good Karma, I suppose) Majic has been with Jerry & me ever since. Jer had returned to New Mexico after I had and he drove to get Majic for us, stopping at a rest area just outside of Silver. A couple walked up to him saying, "What a beautiful horse! How long have you had him?" Jer said, "15 minutes".

Now it has been a few years. This horse is a magical being and a blessing in our lives!



Horses Heal Us

If you can get you out of the way when you come to your horse, he will show you how to shift your position within the field to a place that supports and nurtures your soul. It's all about how you feel and you empower those feelings and they create your reality and your horse is ready to show you how to feel magnificent.

Compassion not Compulsion

In all of our relationships, the light of integrity is held by Compassion. If we consider something other than our own motives and agendas, we can open to living a real life outside of the world of illusion. With animals, we will establish communication instead of domination. With loved ones, we will share our very souls. With humanity, we will become beacons of reason and unconditional love. We will shift ourselves and those who resonate with Nature to a higher kind of love and life where the demoralizing of others is simply not accepted.

be a lamp unto yourself

be a lamp unto yourself